Last week we experienced a fire at our house and had it not been for the fast response from Globeís 9-1-1 operator, whom we thank so very much, and then the immediate arrival of the Globe Fire and Rescue, we could have lost everything.
As I watched the men and women of our outstanding Fire Department arrive, quickly gear up, and then without a momentís hesitation enter the rolling thick smoke that was billowing out our front door, I was stuck with a sense of awe at the bravery exhibited by each and every one of our dear firefighters. My expectations while standing there in the road, watching, was that I would probably not find much of anything left of our dinning room. Yet, I couldnít have been more wrong! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
There is damage to the fireplace and to the wall where the fire traveled above the mantel, yet my treasured collection of delicate glass and pottery that was on or near the mantel miraculously survived. Due to the extreme efforts of each and every one of these heroic men and women, all was saved.
Many of the fragile pieces were gently set aside out of harmís way, and some were even carried out the back door and with great care safely placed there for me. Iím filled with an immense pride that comes with the knowledge that there are so many wonderful and caring people living in our community, who are dedicated to us and to our well-being. With deepest respect and utmost gratefulness we sincerely thank the Globe Fire Department.
Cindy and Charlie